• Thor: Love and Thunder Post-Credits Star Didn’t Tell Their Parents They Were In the Movie Before They Saw It

    This story contains spoilers for Thor: Love and Thunder!

    Thor: Love and Thunder star Brett Goldstein sent his parents to see the film… but didn’t tell them that he was in it as a post-credits surprise.

    During an interview with Variety, the 42-year-old actor and comedian explained how he tried to trick his parents to go and see the Thor sequel. But it sounds as though it ultimately backfired.

    “My mom and dad, I sent them a text and said ‘I’ve just seen Thor.’ I knew it’s not the kind of film they’d see. I said, ‘You should go see it. It’s funny.’”

    “My mom is texting me all the way through the film giving me a running commentary,” he added. “I’m like, ‘Just watch the film!’ It gets to the end bit, where it shows Russell Crowe… My mom texts me ‘Russell Crowe’s in it again, he’s very funny.’ I go, ‘F***ing look up at the screen!’”

    Goldstein appeared at the very end of the film in a post-credits scene.

    Zeus (Russell Crowe) had been defeated by Thor (Chris Hemsworth) earlier in the film and turns to his son to get his revenge. That’s right – Goldstein stars as Hercules and, teasing an upcoming clash between himself and the God of Thunder, Goldstein responds “Yes, father.”

    “I didn’t tell anyone because Marvel put a chip in my neck that said ‘If you talk about this you’re dead,’” joked Goldstein. But there was one friend he confided in – Ted Lasso co-star Hannah Waddingham.

    “He said to me, ‘I’ve been offered this thing… Do you guys think I should do it?'” Waddingham explained. “I went, ‘Are you mental? Are you actually having a little bit of a moment? You’re seriously thinking that you might not play Hercules?’… Then he didn’t tell me he bloody did it! So everyone was like ‘Brett Goldstein! Brett Goldstein!’ And I was like, ‘You cheeky bastard.'”

    Obviously, his cameo could mean a return for Hercules… but Goldstein is keeping quiet. “I truly, honestly — this isn’t me lying or being coy — I know nothing,” he said. “All I know is what I did that day and that’s it. That could be it. It was a fun three seconds.”

    IGN’s own review called Thor: Love and Thunder “the MCU’s first romantic comedy, and it plays with those tropes in delightful ways. But while Thor and Jane’s relationship is handled well, Love and Thunder is less deft — and a lot safer than you’d expect — in pushing the greater MCU story forward. Christian Bale’s Gorr feels underutilized, and Tessa Thompson’s King Valkyrie takes a frustrating back seat, especially as the movie goes on. Taika Waititi’s signature humor and visual style persist from Ragnarok and are essential to buoying the movie through its cookie-cutter plot. With Hemsworth as enthusiastic an Asgardian as ever, Thor’s future with both love and thunder are bright.”

    Thor: Love and Thunder stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, Tessa Thompson, and Russel Crowe. Taika Waititi directed the film based on a script he co-wrote with Jennifer Kaytin Robinson.

    Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on Thor: Love and Thunder Post-Credits Star Didn’t Tell Their Parents They Were In the Movie Before They Saw It

    Steven Spielberg Shot a Music Video Using Just An iPhone

    Steven Spielberg, arguably the most popular film director of all time, just made a music video using an iPhone.

    The 75-year-old filmmaker made his music video debut last Sunday, shooting a three-minute music video for Marcus Mumford – in just one shot.

    “On Sunday 3rd July in a high school gym in New York, Steven Spielberg directed his first music video, in one shot, on his phone,” Mumford wrote on Twitter. “[Actress and Spielberg's wife] Kate Capshaw was the almighty dolly grip.”

    The video itself was for Mumford’s new single, Cannibal, and it’s available to watch right now. Cannibal is part of Mumford’s first, self-titled solo album.

    “I’ve been overwhelmed by the support of the people around me to bring this music to you, and I cannot hope to express all of my gratitude,” he added. “When people get it, it blows my mind. Kate and Steven just got it, and I cannot thank them enough.”

    The music video was directed by Spielberg, with Capshaw acting as Producer, Art Director and Dolly Grip. Kristie Macosko Krieger was producer and behind-the-scenes videographer, with Carey Mulligan as costumer and sound.

    The video was performed by “Some Chancer Mug” – Mumford himself if you go by the video's parlance.

    Considering Spielberg’s penchant for flashy effects and blockbuster editing, it’s a rather humble affair – a one-shot, three-minute long, black and white video of Mumford playing his new track to an empty room.

    Obviously, it’s quite a coup for Mumford… but Spielberg won’t be stepping away from movies yet. His next film, The Fabelmans, is due to be released on November 23, 2022 – a semiautobiographical film that loosely tells the story of Spielberg’s own childhood.

    The film will star Seth Rogen as Spielberg’s “favorite uncle” alongside Michelle Williams and Paul Dano, with fellow filmmaker David Lynch in a currently unknown role.

    Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on Steven Spielberg Shot a Music Video Using Just An iPhone

    FIFA 23: Sam Kerr to Become Series’ First Female Cover Star Internationally

    Australian soccer player Sam Kerr will be the first female athlete to grace an international FIFA cover after EA announced she will feature on FIFA 23's Ultimate Edition, alongside France's Kylian Mbappé.

    The Chelsea forward will also be the sole star on the game's standard edition in her home country of Australia, as well as New Zealand – that cover will also be available as an Amazon exclusive internationally. Paris Saint-Germain star Mbappé will feature on the standard edition in other territories.

    "It’s an honour and a dream come true to be on the cover of FIFA 23," said Kerr. "It’s been incredible to work with Kylian and the whole EA SPORTS team, and I can’t wait for fans to get their hands on a copy of the game."

    Female athletes have previously only featured on regional editions of FIFA 16, when EA launched a competition that let fans decide which player would join Lionel Messi on the cover. Alex Morgan was voted as the U.S. star, Christine Sinclair was on Canada's cover, and Stephanie Catley appeared on the Australian.

    Mbappé, who will feature on the cover for the third year in a row, also paid homage to the historic moment, saying "I’m even more excited to share a cover honouring women’s football with a great player like Sam Kerr".

    The 28-year-old is captain of the Australian national team and the all-time leading scorer in the United States' National Women's Soccer League. Kerr has also won seven Golden Boots and is the only female player to have claimed the award in three different leagues and three different continents.

    FIFA 23 will be the final game in the franchise as EA and soccer's governing body ended their partnership in May 2022. The series will be rebranded as EA Sports FC but shouldn't change much gameplay wise, while FIFA is now seeking to create its own franchise.

    Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on FIFA 23: Sam Kerr to Become Series’ First Female Cover Star Internationally

    Rob Zombie’s The Munsters Will Premiere On Netflix In September

    "Wacky monster fans unite!" Rob Zombie has announced that his movie reboot of The Munsters will premiere on Netflix this September.

    The Munsters will be released by Universal 1440 Entertainment, which is the direct-to-video entertainment label of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, but rather than debuting on Universal's streaming service Peacock, Zombie has confirmed that the mansion at Mockingbird Lane will open its doors to Netflix subscribers this September.

    "This fall we are gonna spook-out like it's 1964!" Zombie declared on his most recent Instagram post. "Yep, The Munsters and The Addams Family are returning to the boob tube at the same time courtesy of Netflix. It's been 58 years since this clash of the titans first happened. Perfect entertainment for your pumpkin carving party."

    Zombie's Munsters reboot is debuting alongside Tim Burton's creepy and altogether kooky Addams Family spin-off Wednesday, which stars Jenna Ortega in the title role. This series was first announced in February last year, but Netflix has said very little since outside of the slow but sure revealings of cast members and a 30-second character teaser.

    Meanwhile, The Munsters received its first full-length trailer last week. It arrived only a few days after the teaser and gave viewers the best look yet at Zombie's upcoming movie, which follows Sheri Moon Zombie's Lily, Jeff Daniel Phillips' Herman, and Daniel Roebuck's The Count on a "hauntingly hilarious trip from Transylvania to Hollywood."

    They will be joined by Richard Brake as Transylvania's most popular Mad Scientist, Dr. Henry Augustus Wolfgang, Jorge Garcia as Floop, Sylvester McCoy as Igor, Catherine Schell as Zoya Krupp, and Cassandra Peterson as Barbara Carr, a pink plaid suit-wearing real estate agent who appears to be quite a contrast to her signature Elvira persona.

    Rumors of The Munsters reboot were floating around for a while before confirmation arrived last year that Zombie would be making a modern adaptation of the TV classic. Ever since then, he has been sharing behind-the-scenes photos on social media, including costume concept designs for the main characters and a snap of the Mockingbird Lane mansion.

    Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on Rob Zombie’s The Munsters Will Premiere On Netflix In September

    Resident Evil Showrunner Wants to Bring Lady Dimitrescu to the Netflix Series

    The showrunner of Netflix's Resident Evil series wants to introduce a live-action version of fan-favorite villain Lady Dimitrescu from Resident Evil Village if the show is renewed.

    Speaking to Polygon, Andrew Dabb said he wants to bring in as many iconic characters from the game series as possible, including enemies from anywhere between the first and latest entries.

    "Over the course of the series, I want to bring everything in," he said. "Left to my own devices, I want Lady D, I want the plant monster, I want it all. I want everything, but judiciously [and] responsibly over time."

    Given that the show follows two timelines (one before and one deep into the apocalypse), Dabb said he wants to explore how these video game characters would be different in each storyline, and would even like to include previous game protagonists.

    "The question becomes, how do people change? So there are characters we haven’t seen in quite a while: Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield being examples of that. How do they react in the present day to all this stuff happening?," he said.

    "An equally interesting question, if not more interesting, is what happens 14 years, 15 years, 16 years in the future, where the thing they were trying to prevent has happened? These characters have spent their lives fighting these outbreaks. What happens when you lose? What does it look like?"

    While Resident Evil hasn't yet been renewed for further seasons, it's dethroned Stranger Things as the most viewed show on Netflix right now. It also ends on a blatant cliffhanger which references another famous character from the games, and given Dabb's comments regarding other characters, there certainly appears to be big plans for new seasons.

    In our 7/10 review, IGN said: "While the quality of Resident Evil’s split timelines varies, the way it creates an original story and continuity while using the events of the games as a foundation is impressive and especially enjoyable if you’re a big fan of Albert Wesker."

    Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on Resident Evil Showrunner Wants to Bring Lady Dimitrescu to the Netflix Series