• She-Hulk Includes a Ghost Rider Reference

    The latest featurette for She-Hulk: Attorney at Law included a small nod to Johnny Blaze aka Ghost Rider, igniting speculation over when the character might make his official MCU debut.

    Entertainment Tonight shared an exclusive clip of the upcoming Disney+ series, teasing more of what fans can expect from the show. One clip, around the 1:50 mark, shows Wong on a stage where he appears to be fighting off a few unknown winged creatures, but fans have had their attention diverted away from the action after a Ghost Rider reference was spotted in the scene.

    In the corner of the frame, there appears to be a blurry poster that references the original Ghost Rider from the comics, Johnny Blaze, with the character's surname easily legible. The first name is less clear but the number of letters indicates that it doesn't spell out the name "Johnny," but perhaps "Donny" as a combination of Johnny and Danny Ketch, the third Ghost Rider.

    Ghost Rider wasn't one of the several new Marvel films or TV shows announced during Comic-Con and Marvel hasn't explicitly mentioned the character appearing in the MCU before, but seeing how far and wide the universe is expanding it wouldn't really be a surprise to see it eventually — and Ryan Gosling has already thrown his hat in the ring for the role.

    Of course, Ghost Rider previously appeared in Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, but there's some debate over whether that show could be considered MCU canon.

    A new trailer for She-Hulk debuted at Comic-Con, teasing more of the series ahead of its premiere on August 17 and confirming the rumored appearance of Charlie Cox's Daredevil.

    Marvel also delved deeper into their plans for the next few years, announcing that She-Hulk would be the penultimate Phase 4 entry and that more Avengers films are on the way.

    Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on She-Hulk Includes a Ghost Rider Reference

    Will Smith Publicly Apologizes for the Oscars Slap: ‘No Part of Me Thinks That Was the Right Way to Behave’

    Will Smith has appeared on camera to apologize for slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars, saying, "there is no part of me that thinks that was the right way to behave in that moment."

    Smith appeared on his YouTube channel in a video entitled "It's been a minute…", and framed his apology as answers to a number of questions around the incident. Smith says that he's reached out to Rock, but that Rock hasn't yet felt ready to talk to him.

    "Chris, I apologize to you," Smith said. "My behavior was unacceptable, and I'm here whenever you're ready to talk. I want to apologize to Chris' mother. I saw an interview that Chris' mother did and, you know, that was one of the things about that moment – I just didn't realise, I wasn't thinking, but how many people got hurt in that moment. So I want to apologize to Chris' mother. I want to apologize to Chris' family, specifically Tony Rock. You know, we had a great relationship, Tony Rock was my man, and this is probably irreperable.

    "I spent the last three months replaying and understanding the nuances and the complexities of what happened in that moment, and I'm not going to try and unpack all of that right now, but I can say to all of you, there is no part of me that thinks that was the right way to behave in that moment. There's no part of me that thinks that's the optimal way to handle a feeling of disrespect, or insults."

    Smith also says that his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith – who was the butt of a joke from Rock that led to Smith's assault – didn't tell him to do anything in the moment. Smith also apologized to his wife and children for "the heat that I brought on all of us," and to fellow Oscar nominees for "tarnishing your moment."

    "I still see Questlove's eyes – it happened on Questlove's award – and, you know, 'I'm sorry' really isn't sufficient," he added.

    Smith also explained why he hadn't apologized when he later went on to win the Best Actor award for King Richard, saying, "I was fogged out by that point. It's all fuzzy."

    Smith addressed those who looked up to him before the slap, saying "disappointing people is my central trauma." "It hurts me psychologically and emotionally to know I didn't live up to people's image and impression of me," he continued, "and the work I'm trying to do is I am deeply remorseful, and I'm trying to be remorseful without being ashamed of myself. I'm human, and I made a mistake, and I'm trying not to think of myself as a piece of shit."

    The video ends with Smith saying, "I promise you I am deeply devoted and committed to putting light and love and joy into the world and, you know, if you hang on I promise that we'll be able to be friends again."

    Smith has previously apologized for his actions, but this is the first time he's appeared on camera to address the incident. The slap led to the actor's 10-year ban from the Oscars, and led many to question what his next career steps would be. Smith's Bad Boys co-star, Martin Lawrence recently said that the incident would not kill work on Bad Boys 4 however.

    Joe Skrebels is IGN's Executive Editor of News. Follow him on Twitter. Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on Will Smith Publicly Apologizes for the Oscars Slap: ‘No Part of Me Thinks That Was the Right Way to Behave’

    Long-Delayed Minecraft amiibo Will Arrive in September

    Nearly two years after Minecraft's Steve joined the DLC roster of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, his (and his female counterpart Alex's) amiibo will finally reach store shelves on September 9.

    Nintendo announced the release date for Minecraft's amiibo via Twitter. Alongside the post, fans also got a short video with a first look at the final designs for the Steve and Alex amiibo, which are truly faithful to the characters' original blocky designs.

    While initially announced for a spring 2022 release, the Steve and Alex amiibo were delayed until later in 2022 "due to a logistics and production delay."

    Now that Minecraft's amiibo collection finally has a release date, Nintendo is also nearing the end of its Super Smash Bros. Ultimate amiibo line. After Steve, the final characters left for the company to convert into amiibo form are Sephiroth, Pyra and Mythra, Kazuya, and Sora, the final character added to Smash Ultimate. It's still unclear if Sora will receive an amiibo, however.

    We reviewed Steve's appearance as a DLC fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and gave his gameplay a 7, calling his faithful representation of Steve "impressive" but pointing out how some mechanics "can also lead to a lot of frustration."

    Amelia Zollner is a freelance writer at IGN who loves all things indie and Nintendo. Outside of IGN, they've contributed to sites like Polygon and Rock Paper Shotgun. Find them on Twitter: @ameliazollner.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on Long-Delayed Minecraft amiibo Will Arrive in September

    Here’s The Coolest Thing We Got At Comic-Con

    While lot of IGN staff are currently poking a hot piece of wire into petri dishes of their blood to see who secretly caught the San Diego Comic-Con exclusive COVID variant, there's one Thing we're very glad we brought home from the show: this action figure based on the poster for John Carpenter's The Thing, courtesy of NECA.

    NECA always pulls out all the stops for SDCC exclusives (even when there's no actual convention) and this year was no exception, but this particular figure was worth writing home about. Based on the Drew Struzan poster for the classic horror movie, this 7-inch figure comes features interchangeable faces to recreate the stylized rays, and even has an LED feature for the full effect. This is clearly meant as a standalone display piece, but there's plenty of articulation for anyone who wants to set up a diorama of Kurt Russell torching him with a flamethrower. Even if it's left in the box, this Thing looks great displayed thanks to lenticular packaging featuring the original poster without any unnecessary branding or logos.

    Another NECA exclusive was a four-pack of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures (none of which are technically mutated or turtles, and only one is actually a ninja) including pre-mutation (IE, human) versions of Splinter, Bebop, Rocksteady and Baxter Stockman. The pre-mutated turtles are in there too as a tiny accessory, ready to fall out of their jar into a sewer drain — or more likely, get lost under your desk.

    Speaking of horrible green things that are created due to improper handling of liquids, there's also a 7-inch Greta the Gremlin figure. Decked out in full wedding attire, this figure faithfully recreates the final shot from Gremlins 2: The New Batch, as well as all the uncomfortable feelings that came from viewing it as a small child.

    There was also a four-pack of Dungeons and Dragons figures based on the "Lost Wave," replicas of an unproduced set from the original 4-inch LJN toy line, recreated from the original prototypes. NECA even made their own logo look like the LJN logo, which is such a fun detail.

    Finally, who doesn't want an 8-inch figure of Zombo from Rob Zombie's upcoming big-screen remake of The Munsters? You know, Zombo! In a pile of action figures based on deep-cut pop-culture references, this one might be the most esoteric. As near as we can tell, Zombo appeared in one episode of the original Munsters show, and he's returning for the movie… and the person who's most excited about Zombo's return is, well, Rob Zombie himself.

    Convention exclusives are infamously hard to track down after a convention is over, but keep an eye on NECAonline.com to see if there are any plans to release more down the line. Maybe during New York Comic-Con? Huge thanks to NECA for providing IGN with samples.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on Here’s The Coolest Thing We Got At Comic-Con

    Marvel Studios Face-Off: Which MCU Movie or TV Show Are You Most Excited For?

    San Diego Comic-Con 2022 was a big show for Marvel Studios and fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. At Marvel’s Hall H panel, we were given a roadmap through 2025 that reveals many of the movies and TV shows that will make up Phases 4, 5, and 6 of the MCU.

    In celebration of this bright future called The Multiverse Saga we thought it would be the perfect time to ask you which project you are most excited for.

    Is Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania the title that has you most excited? Or maybe you're more of an X-Men '97, Captain America: New World Order or Fantastic Four type? We’ve included 30 MCU films and TV shows that have either been officially announced or heavily reported on to “Face-Off” against each other two at a time. Will you choose Loki Season 2 over Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3? Or Black Panther: Wakanda Forever over the next live-action Spider-Man movie? The choice is yours…

    (And don't forget, you can skip a Face-Off round if you don't know a character by just refreshing the page so new characters appear.)

    Click here to start voting in the Upcoming MCU movie and TV show Face-Off!

    What Is a Face-Off?

    Like the name suggests, a Face-Off pits two things against one another and you decide which one is the superior of the two. In this case, you are voting to determine which MCU movie or TV show you are most excited for. It's possible to see certain films or shows multiple times, so you can keep voting for those you can’t wait to see to ensure they get ranked higher than the rest. IGN's resident team of Marvel experts pre-selected 30 upcoming projects for you to choose from. These get randomly paired up and each time you pick a winner, it's tracked.

    How Is the Winner Determined?

    When voting ends on August 4, we tally up the total number of "wins" and "losses" each MCU project has, and create a ranked list based on your choices that will go live on August 5. The MCU movie or series that won the most matchups will be crowned the "winner," and in the event of a tied number of "wins," the project with the least "losses" will take the top spot. If you continue to keep voting for your most-anticipated show or film, they'll have a better chance of ranking high on the list. You can vote as many times as you want until the Face-Off closes.

    How Do I Know When I’ve Clicked Through Everything?

    It's difficult to know when you've seen every MCU movie or TV Show included because they are matched randomly and there are so many possible match-ups. A good strategy can be to keep voting until you have the chance to vote for all your favorite projects (as many times as you’d like!) or by voting against those you just don’t care about. By deciding the winner throughout all these match-ups, you're ensuring that your picks for your most-anticipated MCU project will have a fighting chance to reach the top of the list.

    Which MCU Movies and TV Shows Have You Included?

    The list of MCU movies and shows has been decided by IGN staff, and we've tried to include all the upcoming projects from Marvel Studios that have either been officially announced or heavily reported. This has amounted to 30 projects that are more than just a dream and have a very high chance of being released in the next few years.

    Click here to start voting in the upcoming MCU movie and TV show Face-Off!

    For more, check out why Avengers: Secret Wars will be the MCU’s Game of Thrones, five villains we think could appear in Fantastic Four besides Doctor Doom, and all the rest of the news at Marvel Studios’ Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2022.

    Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

    Posted in Games, video game | Tagged , | Comments Off on Marvel Studios Face-Off: Which MCU Movie or TV Show Are You Most Excited For?